Applying improvement science in an organization requires learning about key theories and tools not found in traditional organizational training or academic preparation. Team members may have limited experience in improvement methods and theories or come with exposure to training in various approaches to improvement. Leaders and team members benefit from a uniform curriculum to enable working collaboratively and through the same lens.
Improvement Training Integrated into the Work
Improvement training can occur at stages along the improvement journey:
- Initial Training – introduces learners to the core theories underlying improvement work and provides didactic and experiential development aimed at key skills and methods including planning for improvement, rapid cycle testing, and measurement.
- Interval Training – adds new skills and methods that build on the initial training and support enhancing learners’ capacity to engage effectively in improvement work.
- Just-In-Time Training – addresses topics specific to the work and content that arise in real time.
TrueSimple provides customized and packaged training programs to organizations for professional development. Topics and duration are adaptable to achieve your aim and may include a mixed approach of delivery methods.
TrueSimple is experienced at developing and delivering training modules to diverse audiences. A blended approach includes face-to-face learning sessions, virtual classrooms, and produced online learning content. Educational programming and methods are co-created with client leadership and match the needs of the work.
Sample Teaching Clients
- Institute for Healthcare Improvement
- IHI Open School for Health Professions
- The George Washington University – School of Medicine and Health Sciences
- St. Edward’s University
- Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching
- Rockhurst University – Helzberg School of Management
- Excellus Health Plan, Inc
- National Health Service – Southwest Strategic Health Authority
- Catholic Health Partners
- Mission Health System
- Seton Healthcare Family
- Tennessee Center for Patient Safety
- Hospitais da Universidade de Coimbra
- American Medical Response
- Lifeguard Transportation Services, Inc
- Regional Emergency Medical Services Authority
- Coalition of Advanced Emergency Medical Systems